Thursday, January 22, 2009

cold days

I can't believe how cold it's been down here! I would've thought we'd be exempt from the extreme temperatures that the rest of the country has been dealing with. We've actually had a few days of hard freeze, which hopefully means that perhaps the pre-historic sized mosquitos have met their demise. One can only hope! We are supposed to be back in the 70's this coming week. Mom and Dad will be driving down this weekend to visit with us. Jon has inventory, and I am having a birthday, so they've decided to keep us company while Jon is busy. I am excited to see them since it's been almost three months! We had a nice visit with Ed and Caren over the weekend. Despite their flight delay woes, they were able to spend some quality time with both kids and us.

Will's arm seems to be healing nicely. We can't keep him from using it at this point. He will be going to an orthopedist on Monday for more x-rays. He does not seem to be in any pain, and he is no longer running a fever. I'm not sure what the fever was from, but I have a feeling it was his body's reaction to pain since he really didn't have any other symptoms. He is up to his old tricks, and it has been exhausting trying to keep him from re-injuring himself!

Brighton is all full of smiles these days. She has been laughing (which results in hiccups) and smiling with any attention that she gets. She is lifting her head up nicely and has even been rolling over! I unfortunately discovered this when she rolled out of her boppy onto the floor! She was fine-just a little scared, but I felt my dreams of getting mother of the year slip away. :) I also think I lost a few years off my life!! She is not yet sleeping through the night, but she sleeps better than Will slept at this age, so here's hoping! I don't have any new pictures to post (Grandma took a few with her camera this weekend), but I'm sure I'll be able to post some after the weekend. Love to all--and a big Happy Birthday to Cecile, Heather, and Victoria!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bayou Babies

Bayou Babies

Rainy Day Blues

Rainy Day Blues

Lil Hokies

Lil Hokies

Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Captain William

Captain William

Followers