Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Carded

Yesterday was my birthday. Jon always has inventory the weekend before or after my birthday, but this year he was able to take a half day off. We spent the day together as a family. We all went shopping for a new bag that I bought with birthday money from Mom and Dad. We decided not to go out to eat because I had already made homemade marinara, and Brighton and I still have colds. The house smelled so good with the sauce cooking all day, I couldn't get pasta out of my head! I had a wonderful day, and I was completely spoiled with some beautiful gifts. Jon bought me a silver fleur de lis necklace from his new favorite jewelry shop--Jose Balli. Ed and Caren sent me a very unique Pandora bead for the bracelet they started for me last year. Mom and Dad sent me money, so that I could go out and buy the new Vera Bradley bag I've had my eye on. I love my new gifts!!! I'm also very excited about the homemade Triceratops that Will made for me :) Jon had the kids make me a huge card with their footprints and handprints all over it. It is something I will cherish forever. I love cards, and I almost never throw one away. I have a file of old cards that I go to sometimes and read and reminisce. I received some really special cards this year. Jon has a knack for finding the most appropriate cards--one funny, one a little more romantic. Ed and Caren sent me a very special card that actually made me tear up, and Mom and Dad sent me a beautiful card that also brought me to the verge of tears. I guess I'm just a sucker for cards! Maybe I'm just getting senile in my old age ;) But, speaking of cards, apparently I still look young enough to get "carded" because that's what happened when I went to pick up the ingredients for the sangria I made on Saturday (I had a Girl's Night Out with some of my friends from the MOMs group I'm a member of). It was the first time that has happened in a long time, and I think it's because I didn't have the kids with me. Whatever the reason, it was a nice confidence booster on the eve of my 29th birthday! There are a few pictures from yesterday. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts. I had a very special day, and I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bayou Babies

Bayou Babies

Rainy Day Blues

Rainy Day Blues

Lil Hokies

Lil Hokies

Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Captain William

Captain William

Followers