Friday, July 31, 2009

Five Years


Today, Jon and I have been married five years. However, if you ask either of us, we would say that it feels more like ten! I don't mean this as a jab at my husband (well, not completely)--it feels like we've experienced more than five years can hold. We have bought and sold three cars, bought and sold a house, lived in three different houses, moved three times (including our 1000-mile move last summer), had five trips to the ER, and of course, had two children. Jon has also worked in four different positions with Ferguson, and in September I will have taught at three different "schools." (I never got to teach at Grace Prep because we moved down here before I was supposed to start!) To us, it certainly feels like our life experiences should have been spread out a bit better. However, we would also agree that all of this has made for an interesting past five years. And we are very blessed to have been spared from serious illness (although food poisoning on my wedding day was pretty bad) or other catastrophic events. And nothing could ever compare to our two little daily blessings, William and Brighton. I would be dishonest if I said that I love my husband as much as the day I married him because I love him much more than that now and in so many different ways, and I am glad to be by his side through all of these changes. So today, I'm looking back at the last five years with my heart filled, and looking forward to the next- 60 perhaps?- with great expectation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bayou Babies

Bayou Babies

Rainy Day Blues

Rainy Day Blues

Lil Hokies

Lil Hokies

Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Captain William

Captain William

Followers

Blog Archive