Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Visit with Granny Roo

I was able to make two visits to see my only living grandparent--Grandma Worley (known as Granny Roo to Will) while visiting with my parents. I took Brighton and Will and Amanda took Callie along with Mom to see her on her 85th birthday. I'm pretty sure she didn't know who I was, but I know she enjoyed watching the babies and Will. She's still quite animated even with her age and dimensia working against her. She lives at a private home with full-time care, and Mom goes to see her one to two times each week where Mom does everything from feeding her to cutting her hair. However, lately Mom has been suffering from Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in both of her hands. She had surgery on the right hand and will have surgery on the left in August. Mom has quite a bit of pain and stiffness, and it has really limited her in caring for Grandma. It has also been quite a challenge for her to just STAY STILL, especially with her grandbabies around! Keep her in your prayers as she faces surgery. I know she is hoping for a speedy recovery, so she can care for Granny Roo the way she is used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bayou Babies

Bayou Babies

Rainy Day Blues

Rainy Day Blues

Lil Hokies

Lil Hokies

Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Captain William

Captain William

Followers

Blog Archive